It is important to format number in PivotTable values area in order to make your reports more readable. Though there are many ways to accomplish this task which I will explain in details later.
Let me quickly demonstrate how to perform formatting on numbers in values area of the above PivotTable.
- Right-click any cell in values area of the PivotTable.
- Select Number Format from the popup option
- A scaled-down Format cell dialog box will appears
- Pick a numeric format for the data item. In this case I will select NUMBER from the category. Assuming the value we are dealing is currency, you will need to set the currency symbol and the number to two decimal place.
- Click ok to effect the change.
Hope this post is helpful?